Friday, December 11, 2015

Assassins Creed Syndicate review in progress


     Against all better judgement I picked up a copy yesterday.  Pretty sure I've mentioned how much I used to love this series, so I thought I'd give it one more shot.  Unity was a low point in a franchise that's been sinking for awhile now.  I think they should've wrapped it up at the end of 3 when Desmond saved the world.  The historical settings are awesome but without the modern story to tie everything together it's been lacking something.  And no, there has been no modern story to speak of in any of the games after 3.  So I wasn't expecting much.  I was pleasantly surprised by Jacob and Evie.  They're a little more fleshed out than Arno and Shay were.  Arno in particular was a dink, but I digress.  I don't know if there will be more to the modern storyline since I haven't gotten that far yet.  I did get to see Shawn and Rebecca breaking into Abstergo, but that's it.  I'm really hoping the story just blows me away because let's be honest that's the main reason most people play Assassin's Creed.      Running around 1800's london is awesome; as usual it's a beautiful game.  The free running still has the same issues as the rest of the games and the combat is basically the same.  It's very easy, even by Assassin's Creed standards.  I'm hoping it gets a little more challenging later on.  The stealth is a lot of fun and adds some challenge if you want to collect on all the optional objectives.  Also who doesn't want to run around hunting down Jack the Ripper?  I don't usually buy the DLC for Assassin's Creed as they usually seem blah to me.  And really, how can they top Ezio's speech in Bonfire of the Vanities?  That was the last one I bought.  But I think I'll be picking this one up as it looks amazing.  I'll give my final thoughts when I finish the game.  In the meantime, happy assassinating to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment