Saturday, December 12, 2015

Return of the King

   
     Ok bad pun I know.  PS plus members got the first episode of King's Quest free this month so I thought I'd check it out.  I played King's Quest 6 a long time ago and have fond memories of that game.  The new one is just as fun.  The artwork is gorgeous and the voice acting is top-notch, with Christopher Lloyd voicing the king.  The story is told by the king to his granddaughter, so it's kind of like a bedtime story, which is cool.  No, you're not too old for a bedtime story, get over yourself.   The puzzles so far are very, very simple to solve.  I haven't finished the first episode yet so I'm hoping they get a little harder.  The framerate does stutter a little but it's not enough to ruin the game.  If you liked the original series definitely give the new one a shot, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment