Sunday, October 11, 2015

Star Wars Battlefront beta impressions

   
I played the beta for a few hours yesterday and today.  I love Star Wars and I've really been looking forward to this game.  I know a lot of people are not having a good first impression.  I don't think I've read a single positive thing actually.  (I'm sure there are some positive reviews I've just missed them).  It's hard to judge the beta because I don't know how deep the main game is going to be.  The graphics are beautiful.  There is some lag but hopefully the kinks will be worked out before release day.  The weapon variety isn't great, hopefully there's more weapons to be had than what I've seen.  The drop zone is kind of meh, it's the standard control match.  The walker assault is a lot more fun.  My only complaint is I saw jedi knights running around and people flying vehicles, but for the life of me I couldn't find those powerups on the map.  There's seven different multiplayer modes, so we're just getting a taste of what the game has to offer.  I can imagine how much fun the fighter squadron is going to be.  I'm assuming it's an all vehicle battle (hopefully) so that will just be wicked.  I want to run out and pre-order it, but I'm going to have to wait for reviews on this one.  It looks fun but I'd rather play it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment