Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Finished Witcher 3

     I finally finished the main quest for Witcher 3.  Woohoo!  I really liked the ending, it was a little sad but it was well written.  (In case you haven't figured it out there will be spoilers ahead).  I got the ending where Ciri becomes ruler of Nilfgaard and I chose Yen as Geralt's love interest, so altogether I think Geralt and Ciri both got what they deserved.  Well maybe not since Yennefer is one cold bitch but I had more respect for her than Triss so that's who he ended up with.  I really wish Vesemir hadn't died, he was one of my favorite characters.  It's kind of depressing walking around Kaer Morhen after the credits have rolled.  There's no one left at all.  I believe that CDPR said this was the last Witcher game they were making, so maybe the author will write more stories.  I doubt it but I can always hope!
     The only complaint I have with Witcher is the combat system.  Those boss battles were a pain in the butt, and not in a good way.  I don't mind hard boss fights, but I do want a responsive combat system to back me up.  I find it incredibly frustrating when I dodge and Geralt just stands there.  Or when I have to press the button twice to get him to drink a potion.  Happened more than once.  But overall I enjoyed the heck out of it and I'm looking forward to Hearts of Stone.  I am going to take a break from Witcher for a bit before I jump into the DLC.  I just got Far Cry 4 so I'll mess around with that for awhile.  Then I'll go back to cursing like a marine while trying to get Geralt to actually throw a bomb.  Just throw the bomb, damnit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment