Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Destiny the Taken King first impressions

 I know I said I wasn't going to start anything new until I finished up some old games, but I
couldn't resist getting the Taken King.  I'm glad I did, for the most part.  Bungie obviously put a lot of effort into telling a better story this time around.  The cutscenes are one of the best parts of the Taken King.  Cayde is by far my favorite character, and of course it doesn't hurt that he's voiced by Nathan Fillion.  I do love Firefly!  The new content is a lot of fun, and they've added a lot more variety to the missions than the standard run and gun.  They also gave me a lot of free stuff, more than I expected.  I got a couple of free guns, armor shaders, new class items, and a new vehicle.  That being said, its still way too short.  It took me less than an hour to do the main missions.  Granted I still have miscellaneous quests to do but for $40 I expect a little more content than that.  Still its a step in the right direction and hopefully future expansions will be even better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment