Tuesday, May 12, 2015

     So I picked up Assassins Creed Rogue recently.  I used to love the AC series, but I have mixed feelings about Rogue and Unity both.  The storylines don't have the depth they used to, at least to me.  And yet I keep getting suckered into buying them in the hopes they'll improve.  My biggest complaint is they've gone almost nowhere with the modern storyline for what, 3 games now?  The historical settings are interesting, but without the cohesive modern day story to tie it all together they just feel lacking.  Unless they actually plan to write a decent conclusion to the templar vs assassin storyline, they should've wrapped up the whole thing at the end of 3.  But then Ubisoft wouldn't have their cash cow, and I'd have nothing to complain about!  Don't get me wrong, I'll still pick up the new games.  I'll just wait until they're in the bargain bin from now on.  I did watch the reveal trailer for Syndicate a few hours ago.  I'll admit, they got me hooked for a few minutes.  The new assassin looks pretty cool.  Until my brain kicked in and I remembered what the game is actually going to look and play like.  Same old combat and mechanics, I'm assuming.  If they'd just change it up a bit.  Something along the lines of the combat in Shadow of Mordor.  That would be amazing in an AC game!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  So what do you guys think?  Is the series milked to death, or do you still have hope its actually going somewhere?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment